Your Comfort and Peace of Mind is Our Priority
The Birth Place at Southern New Hampshire Medical Center is designed with family in mind, including spacious, private rooms that are filled with natural light and all the comforts of home.
We want your baby’s birth to be a special experience. We provide a warm and caring environment where you and your family can feel at ease. Our beautiful surroundings include spacious and private birthing suites for labor, delivery, recovery, and post-partum (after birth) stay.
When it comes to labor and delivery, we do things your way. Your comfort and peace of mind are important to us. In-suite amenities include:
- A comfortable sleeping couch for Dad or a guest
- Private shower and whirlpool tub
- Kitchenette and small dining area
- Room service meals and housekeeping services when it’s convenient for you
- Specialized operating rooms for those needing a Cesarean birth
- Advanced technology if you need a Cesarean section to deliver your baby
- A Level III Newborn Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
To help you stay comfortable during labor, we have many strategies from using the Jacuzzi and birthing ball, to supportive positions.
Our team includes doctors, experienced specialty nurses, certified nurse midwives, neonatal nurse practitioners, certified lactation (breastfeeding) consultants, childbirth and parenting educators, nutritionists, and social service providers. We all work together to make your experience comforting and personal.
What Our Guests Say
- Aug 6, 2022This was the absolute best place to give birth. Had my son December 2021 and every single doctor and nurse was amazing. Such high quality care and a beautiful facility. My son spent 10 days in the special care nursery and I’m so thankful to everyone in that department. They treated our son like he was their own and were so helpful and supportive. When they say you can call or visit 24/7 they truly mean it. They put my mind at ease once we went home without him. He was in great hands. My dream is to get a job within southern so that I can pursue a career in healthcare
- May 14, 2021We had our son Torin here last week and everyone was beyond incredible. From the moment we walked in to the moment we left everyone made sure we had what we needed and always offered more. The nurses in the birth place really care and helped me in every single way they could. My son had to be in the special care nursery and I can’t say enough about his nurses as well. His night nurse Jennifer (I believe her name was) made leaving him easier because I knew he would be well looked after. Jennifer would call me every few hours to go and feed him so I could sleep but also bond with him when he was stable enough. It was hard not having visitors and my husband not being able to stay because we have a 4 year old at home, but Jennifer (and all the nurses) made it easier. I just really want to thank Jennifer for all she did for Torin and I. Those first few days of his life were hard, I think without her encouragement and love, I would have been an absolute mess. Thank you all!
- Jan 10, 2021All of the doctors and nurses were so wonderful throughout my entire stay. I will definitely deliver here again.
- Dec 7, 2020I have nothing but good things to say about the birth place. I switched to Nashua after a horrible experience at cmc. From the moment I got there I was very comfortable even though it was during this global pandemic. They allowed my husband to come up with me right away because I was very anxious. I had many complications and every one was handled calmly and I did not feel scared at all. My pain was handled excellent it made for a wonderful birth experience. All the nurses treated me delicately, with the utmost kindness. Each new nurse coming in I was a little nervous and everytime they were nice and I trusted them completely. I will absolutely be returning if there's another baby in my future and I recommend this place to any mom in NH. They truly handled the pandemic protocol calmly and allowed my husband to go to the cafeteria. He was not allowed out of the building but he was well taken care of by nurses too. My mom was at home not allowed in and one of the nurses even talked to her on the phone easing her worries too. Dr Tufano delivered my baby and she was awesome. My baby had complications too and the pediatrician explained things so well that I was able to stay calm. Both baby and I are healthy and I 100% know that's because of excellent medical care from the birth place. Huge thank you to this facility. They made my birth a wonderful experience.
- Oct 8, 2020FANTASTIC experience! The Birthing Place team is truly incredible! Southern NH Birth Place in Nashua is an AWESOME mom and baby friendly place. We attempted to research cesarean and episiotomy rates before our visit (which very much seem to be a thing of the past) and the lack of information available made us a little nervous. However, the lack of released information has NOTHING to do with the fantastic quality care. The Birthing Place not only supported everything we talked to them about, often they led the conversation before we did on things like delayed cord clamping, epidural, skin to skin, etc. We didn’t go in with a written out birth plan - we kept things conversational with our birthing center team the entire time. The Birth Place team was super receptive! For example, I wasn’t sure if I was going to do an epidural, I talked to the doc about it and she gave me a beach mark to discuss it again with her. I made it all the way to 8 CM and opted for the epidural. Our first born resulted in an emergency cesarean section so this was essentially our first birthing experience (VBAC). The nurses did an incredible job of explaining what I was experiencing throughout the birthing process to include what the pressure would feel like when it was time to push. We had our little one in early July 2020 during COVID-19. We were at ease our entire stay. Truthfully, not having unnecessary visitors in the hospital made for a great experience. The only time we remembered COVID was even happening was when we realized that my husband could not leave to get us food - we had to get our meals from the cafeteria. The rooms are comfortable and spacious. It was really great having the large bathroom with shower and jacuzzi bathtub. Knowing that once we were there we could not leave we brought our own birthing ball, peanut ball, favorite snacks, etc. The Birthing Center Team goes above and beyond to make sure that mom, partner, and baby are comfortable! Thank you!
- May 30, 2020From start to finish I have nothing but positive things to say about The Birth Place. I had my son on Saturday (11/28) and I felt like I was amoung family. The nurses and doctors were incredible and made me feel so comfortable. The 2 main nurses that I had were Morgan and Ashley. They were absolutely fabulous. I can definitely tell that they love their job. Morgan was there throughout my entire labor and delivery process and she was so caring and comforting. It was like I was going through the process with a friend. I highly recommend going through The Birth Place for the birth of your child. It's worth it 100%.
- Dec 29, 2019As a first time mom I was not sure what to expect. However, I felt extremely attended to and supported through the whole process. I had a difficult labor and a nurse and midwife were there to give encouragement and exercises to relieve pain. Jessica and Fidelma are awesome! They always told me my options first before going ahead and doing something. Jessica is an amazing nurse and Fidelma an awesome midwife; they made my experience as best as they could through my rough labor. I felt comforted and Knew my baby would be in good hands through labor. I loved the doctor who delivered my son, Dr. Kotlor. He was thorough with explaining options in an emergency situation and he was cautious to make my recovery as minimal as possible. Once the baby was born I had great nurses as well! I would definitely come here again!
- Aug 6, 2019There are no words to thank the birth place enough for their attentive care. My sons birth had some complications and the doctor as well as nurses and specialist all handled beyond my expectations. After being dismissed I went home for one night and then began having major chest pains. after reviewing the sheet they explained at discharge I knew I needed to go back. I admitted myself into ER. As soon as I was admitted the birth place received word that I had extremely high blood pressure and they immediately admitted me back into their care where they began meds and placed me next to doctors station. I was diagnosed with POST partum preeclampsia and I spent the next couple days there under there care. Being away from my newborn and my family was one of the hardest things I’ve endured however I am here today because of their knowledge, attention to detail and follow through. There are no words to express my gratitude. I recommend this birthplace to everyone whom I speak to who is undecided. Thank you all, from the bottom of my heart! Jaxxon has his mommy here today because of YOU! -Cyndie, Dacare & our greatful children
- Jul 30, 2019I gave birth to my daughter here and it was beautiful. The staff are absolutely amazing. Erin was my nurse for the majority of my stay here and she was an angel! I had so much support from everyone and they were so accommodating as well. If you want to feel like a movie Star after you give birth- do it here. It’s clean, updated and did I mention how wonderful the staff is yet? All the doctors, midwives, and most especially-nurses are the kindest, most genuine, heartfelt, thoughtful and dedicated individuals. I couldn’t be more thrilled with my experience or more Appreciate of the way I was treated. Thank you everyone, especially Erin, for everything. From your biggest fan!
- Feb 13, 2019One of the finest experience we had with our very first baby. We were there for 2 days for labor and 2 days after baby birth. It’s a great team work from start to end. Every RN, provider were truly magnificent. To mention, Erica and Ashley just didn’t do their job, they did way more than that. They are very much passionate and love towards what they do. We had so much pleasant experience with each one of them. I take this opportunity to thank everyone for this miracle to happen in the most pleasant way it could happen. Thank you all 😊😊😊
Directions from South
Follow I-93 N, I-95 S and US-3 N to E Dunstable Rd in Nashua. Take exit 4 from US-3 N. Follow E Dunstable Rd and Main St to Prospect St.
Directions from North
Follow I-93 S and Everett Turnpike to NH-111 E/W Hollis St in Nashua. Take exit 5 from US-3 S. Follow NH-111 E to Prospect St.